I broke down and bought some zucchini at a garden center across from where I
got my oil changed before driving to Ottawa. I also bought some seeds to plant.
In the foreground are two new tomatoes (green zebras) ... the 3 zucs are in b/g.
You can tell I just went in like a grizzly and ripped out weeds where I needed to
... if these zucs are anything like last year they will take over the weeds in no time
and if the seeds are anything like last years were - they will out grow the plants!
this little guy hung out with me for a large part of the day ... so did a
couple of little yellow birds that took a bird bath as did a small grey one
beforehand ... the robin was territorial but didn't actually chase them ...
Barry says I'm going to become a 'birder' if I don't watch it ... I'm geeky
enough! I just got one of those baseball caps with the hanky hanging down
the neck and thought nothing of going out in it to get my bags of soil smiling
at neighbours who actually pointed & laughed at me like I was in on their joke!
I might have watered for 3 full hours ... the new hosebits worked well ...
I turned off the full-force water after about 10 minutes and just let the
soaker hoses leak water slowly out over this time - not like 3 hours full on
... I need to know how long it takes before covering hoses with mulch ...
the other side of the allotment after watering for about three full hours
I did a little weeding in the old squash patch but in the end couldn't
locate any zucchini seeds to plant ... I tore the car apart (a little bit)
and found my green notebook with the seed packets but didn't find
the zucc seeds! Hmphf ... I wanted to get them in before I did last
year ... last year I planted tomatoes, peppers, zucchinis, watermelon,
rosemary, potatoes, tomatillos and the Hens & Chickens by 6 June ...
oh well - this year it is a lot colder and a lot dryer than it was last year
No comments:
Post a Comment