Friday, February 6, 2009

... in my dream I'm walking on snow in my garden

... I'm strutting along the uneven frozen runway confident like a state trooper across the allotment surveying the land in my very high spikey heels that are only partially able to pierce the surface of the snow & ice and you know I'm thinking 'you go girl' but I am all the while trying to gauge when and where to sprint through an opening in the fence to the gate away from the camels & other wild animals that have taken over the park for the winter when I see a moose carcass disintegrating in the corner kitty corner to my old compost pile and all I can think about then is that I hope it has time to amend itself into the soil before spring arrives so I don't have to do it for him - and I forget about the camels that might eat me if they see me here.

OK - so - maybe it's time I begin turning my mind towards gardening again ... it's that time for me now (and yes I know I'm a little late if I want to plant hot peppers) ... note to self to do this in January - next year!!!

No comments:

Followers