Saturday, May 9, 2009

Day 4 Wednesday (6 May 09)


My Peony - I am really hoping this year that it blossoms.
Last year it did nothing but it's really getting big now!!!
Not a very aesthetically-pleasing corner of the garden - yet ...


So pretty! I'm told you can eat violets - I might
just get some and do up a 'high tea' this week!


Pretty Tulips - I'm trying to get all
the flowers into the south bed now!


Overview - before the 2 ton gopher attacked it ...

Overview - after the 2 ton gopher ...


c/u Shelf at Trinity Bellwoods Greenhouse (Tuesday) 5 May 09


Shelf at Trinity Bellwoods Greenhouse (Tuesday) 5 May 09

I went to the Greenhouse on Monday, Tuesday and again today
(Saturday after the Parkdale Horticulatural Plant Sale). The plants
were damp - so they seem to be doing very well in here. I'll have
to begin hardening them off as well. I am hoping that the three
shelf mini-greenhouse unit I got at the sale today will accommodate
enough of my plants so that I don't have to bring too many in and
out over the next 10 days of hardening off - like last year. Heck that
wasn't a really fun part of the job but it sure was a really dirty one!

Aerogarden Seedlings in Soil in large south-facing window (Saturday) 9 May 09


Aerogarden after seedlings were taken out and put into soil (Saturday) 9 May 09


Seedlings planted on 20 April 09 in small south-facing
window - all got newly staked today (Saturday) 9 May 09

I didn't post because I've been trying to catch up on other things
I fell behind on after the Conference and getting the flu! UGH

I spent a half day after work digging up weeds last Wednesday
and recorded it. It looks like a 2 ton gopher got loose! I really
liked the look of all the purple violets at the back behind the
hens & chickens. There were so many more violets springing
up all throughout the allotment so I got them all into this area
... pretty well just dug them up with lots of soil and flung them
there rightside up and into spaces where they could 'get a grip'!
I am hoping they all just take like they seem to have throughout
the garden. Then I set to digging out huge clumps of dandylions
and clover and clumps of grass! I brought home some stinging
nettles for tea and dandylion flowers are now in the freezer waiting
for me to use them to make muffins or scones, or something yellow.
http://teaandcookies.blogspot.com/2009/04/dandelion-muffins-with-niecelets.html

You should hear it out there this evening (Saturday) 9 May 09 ...
thunderstorms all day long! I hope it gets it out of it's system by
tomorrow - I am hoping to spend time in the garden getting another
patch weeded and I want to plant in the rhubarb and strawberry plants!
I also have lettuces up on the roof that could go in as well (I think)!

No comments:

Followers