for a week at the beginning of April to a conference and usually I begin
planting seeds in mid-March. The aerogarden has a timer on the lights
and because it's a hydroponic system that doesn't need water added for at
least a week or two, and it's fed with organic nutrients, I've decided to
use it. I did plant peppers in February and hopefully they will be okay
for the week water-wise (I'll keep them under the lights as well for a week).
Three holes where plugs were pulled from ...
Three soggy brown sponge-like plugs before poking holes for 2 seeds
AEROGARDEN SEED PLANTING TRAY
Black Beauty 3 plugs
Eggplant 2 seeds each
23-Mar-09 = 6 Total
Rosa Bianca 3 plugs
Eggplant 2 seeds each Julianna's were planted last month!
23-Mar-09 + 6 Total
Early 3 plugs
Jalapeno 2 seeds each
23-Mar-09 = 6 Total
California 3 plugs
Wonder 2 seeds each I already have 8 of each of these!
23-Mar-09 = 6 Total
Black 6 plugs
Brandywine 2 seeds each All of these are to be planted 8 weeks before Last Frost.
23-Mar-09 = 12 Total
San 5 plugs
Marzano 2 seeds each
23-Mar-09 =10 Total
White 6 plugs
Queen 2 seeds each
23-Mar-09 = 12 Total
All of these seeds are about a week behind when they should have
been planted IF they were being done in potting medium. But
because the Aerogarden hydroponic system grows seedlings a
little quicker, I'm hoping I've not been too premature in
starting these ones? Time will tell. I'm going to add more
next Monday and attempt to keep my planting to Mondays so that
I can guage seedling growth more scientifically!
Here they are all planted!
No comments:
Post a Comment